The M-1 Reference Microphone is the ultimate, high-quality, innovative desktop microphone, dedicated to the most discriminating Ham Radio Operators. It features combined Condenser and Dynamic microphone elements.
The Condenser Microphone Element produces greater frequency response and clear, crisp audio characteristics perfect for being heard on crowd bands and in big DX pile-ups, while the Dynamic Microphone Element delivers the rich low-mid tonalities, favored for local QSOs.
The response of each microphone element may be adjusted independently using the internal Nine-Band Graphic Equalizer. Each element has a separate volume control for independent adjustment of output levels.
The output of each microphone may be selected separately, or they may be combined to produce the most pleasant tonality. Both the Condenser Element and Dynamic Element in the M-1 utilize the Nine-Band Graphic Equalizer (63Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz). Each element’s frequency response is independently adjustable. Two frequency response memories and a “through” mode are provided for each element, and are easily switchable by one-touch buttons on the microphone base.
The supplied TBC (Treble Boost Cowling) enhances the voice response around the important 1 – 1.5kHz range.
Attaching the cowling creates a condensed unique tonal texture that is pleasing for many.
The PTT key uses three Air-Cylinder Tubes which afford a smooth and comfortable long keystone. The contactless magnetic switch ensures long-life and stable operation.
Other included features are:
- Recording and playback capability (20 seconds), to confirm the audio tonality,
- Large red TX LED Indicator,
- Large Graphic Equalizer and Frequency Response Scope LCD Display with anti-reflective coating,
- Headphone jack,
- Touch PTT keylock,
- Built-in low-cut filter to shape the low frequency response,
- Cannon-type (XLR) output plug connector,
- Audio output volume control for headphones.
Two screwdrivers are included to precisely adjust the graphic equalizer and microphone gains.
- TBC (Treble Boost Cowling),
- Microphone cable,
- AC Adapter,
- Two screwdrivers,
- Operating Manual.
- Microphone Type: Dynamic microphone and Condenser Microphone,
- Supply Voltage: DC 5.0V ± 5 %,
- Current Consumption: 160mA ± 30mA (typical),
- Frequency Response: 30-17000Hz,
- Sensitivity: -60dB (1kHz 0 dB = 1V/1Pa),
- Microphone Impedance: 600 Ohms,
- Headphone Output Impedance: 16Ohms (typical),
- Headphone Output Level: 15mW (typical),
- RX AUDIO IN (Input Level): 100 mVrms (typical),
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 140 x 280 x 152 mm,
- Weight: 960 g w/o cable.